What is excess insurance?

Insurance policies, such as home and motor, usually come with an excess which is the amount you’ll have to pay if you make a claim.

For example, let’s say you buy your motor insurance policy with an excess of £500, and you have an accident that causes £3,000 of damage to your car. If the excess on your insurance policy was £500, your insurer would ask that you pay the £500, they will then settle your claim at £2,500. 

By taking out excess reimbursement insurance, you can protect yourself against some of these excess charges, depending on the level of excess reimbursement cover selected. So in the example above, you could be reimbursed for the £500.

How does it work?

  1. Choose which excess you would like to cover; you can choose between Motor Excess Insurance or our Lifestyle Excess Insurance which provides cover for the excess on home, motor, pet and travel insurance
  2. Select the level of cover you require; choose from bronze, silver or gold
  3. Pay the excess charged by your insurers if anything happens. Make sure you keep all receipts, correspondence and the letter of settlement
  4. Notify us of your claim once you have been charged the excess and we’ll send a claims form out to you, or you can download a claims form by visiting our claims page

How do I claim?

We operate independently to your main insurance company. If a claim occurs on your home, motor, pet or travel insurance, you’ll need to pay your excess to your main insurer and submit a claim with us for reimbursement. Just follow these simple steps:

  1. Settle your insurance claim with your main insurer
  2. Keep your supporting claims information, including your settlement letter from your insurers
  3. Contact us to submit your claim, or visit our claims page to download a claims form