Our Motor Excess Insurance reimburses you for the excess charged on your motor insurance policy, should you make a claim. Cover starts from as little as £35 for 12 months.

Motor Excess Insurance covers

  • You and all named drivers must be resident in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
  • The excess on motor vehicle insurance up to your chosen annual limit 
  • Unlimited claims, up to your annual cover limit
  • Cars with up to nine seats
  • You and the named drivers on the motor insurance policy must be aged 18 years and over and cover only applies whilst using your vehicle in the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man

Motor Excess Insurance Key Exclusions

  • Any claim made during the first 30 days of your Motor Excess Insurance policy
  • Excess claims that were not settled by your motor insurer
  • If the claim under your insurance policy is only for glass repair or replacement
  • If the incident that gave rise to the claim happened before the start date of your Motor Excess Insurance policy
  • Motor homes, vans, camper vans, trailers or caravans, commercial vehicles or trucks, motorcycles, mopeds, motorbikes, vehicles for which the main use is intended to be off-road or recreational vehicles

Motor Excess policy wording

Motor Insurance Product Information Document

Help Zone